Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting Organized

This was an overnight stop at the KOA Campground in Winthrop, WA in June 2008 on the way to NW STAR-B-Q in Post Falls, ID.


The Gold Wing is in the shop getting the post-break-in service, and I will be picking it up later today. Had I been organized at this point, I could have joined the hordes of other Memorial Day Week-end campers setting up a tent somewhere out in the wild. However, I have some gathering, sorting, and packing to take care of before I can even think about heading out. Part of the next few days will be spent getting to the level of preparation that will allow me to pack and go at a moments notice.

I do a lot of car camping because my dog enjoys the peace and quiet as much as I do, and there is something to be said for packing along firewood and an assortment of other items that contribute to the overall comfort of luxury camping. I also have a notion that I will get a few backpacking trips in before I no longer can, so I am in possession of a lot of gear that will be useful for motorcycle camping later this summer and next. Small and light is never an issue for car camping, but will become a large issue for backpacking and/or motorcycling.

My good friend, Sondra, sent me a link that introduced me to the world of teardrop campers, and I have been enthralled with the idea of towing a summer home around where ever I want to go. I still have to reconcile all my other desires for wandering, but I have a feeling that a teardrop trailer is somewhere in the future for me.

The morning is slowly moving on, so I am going to get started on the organizing plan as soon as I finish this cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Richard,
    I hope you got all your ducks in a row, I am good at organization of everything except my own mind...its like one of those roulette wheels....where she stops nobody knows!..BUT if I ever do get --focus--clarity--and enough funds-- stuff HAPPENS fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you didn't get to spend much time with that tear drop it sure was an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete