Friday, May 29, 2009

Kermit Chair

I wanted to show the red chair next to the bike
so I plopped it right down in a big shadow.

This is a very comfortable chair.
I am still in the organization mode…getting a few things done around the homestead so I can enjoy a hiking/car camping trip with some friends next week.

I have been looking at comfort items that will be beneficial on my road trip next year, and one thing I have looked at numerous times is the Kermit Chair that is advertised as the perfect chair for motorcycle camping. Because of the cost, I have been researching and investigating every alternative option to the Kermit Chair…to no avail. I finally made the decision to cough up the extra money for the Kermit, and hope for the best.

UPS brought it to my doorstep today, and I immediately jumped into putting it together. It went much better than I had anticipated, and it is easily as comfortable as any other director style camp chair I have sat in. The leg extensions I purchased brought the height of the chair up to the perfect fit for me (I am 5 feet 10 inches tall with a 32 inch inseam).

I am always hesitant to spend more money than necessary on gear and equipment, but when I end up with something that works well, looks good, and is built from quality materials (like this chair)… I know I made a good purchase.

Now to get it back into the carry bag…

We are having exceptional weather in the Pacific Northwest, and I am stuck in the middle of a garage cleaning. Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great chair Richard, I bet its worth every penny! I am going to Tennessee to Fall Creek Falls SP on the 19-22. The last few times we have been there it rained and we didnt get out to do much so this time Im really hoping for good hiking, birding, boating, biking, and just relaxing in Mountains weather!
    Im looking forward to reading your trip report! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dixxe... I am getting so much done around the house it is almost freaky. I just wanted to get my car camping stuff organized so I could be ready to go earlier than my norm, and it has evolved into a full scale attack on the chores that usually drive me out of the house.

    I will take lots of pictures on my hike, as this is the time of year to capture the waterfalls and woodland greenery. I will also try not to fall in.

    ReplyDelete