Friday, March 12, 2010

Hibernation is over


It has been close to a year since I last posted here, so it is time to start breathing new life back into this journal. April will be the first travel month this year, and I am really looking forward to being out and about.

Some things have definitely changed during the past few months, and they will be reflected mostly in the way I travel. I recently kicked in the money for a 6-Wide Little Guy Teardrop Trailer which will allow me to take the dog on some of my camping trips.

I am still working through the planning stages, but my enthusiasm has really been boosted knowing the Teardrop is on its way.

I still plan to do some motorcycle camping as the summer progresses, but the Teardrop will give me expanded options when the weather turns in the late summer and fall. It will also allow me to enjoy camping in the spring…rain or shine.

My Teardrop will roll out of the factory in Ohio sometime toward the end of this month, and should be dropped at my driveway by the first or second of April. I plan to be on the road as soon as possible after I take delivery.

Plains, Montana…Rupert, Idaho… and numerous parts of Arizona will be where I set my sights for this initial trip. I am somewhat time constrained because I have agreed to take care of my Ex’s place (and animals) while she travels to visit Family and friends during the last week in April…so I will be back home in time for her to leave.

I will be knocking the dust off the cameras, so stand by for what I hope to be visual delights.


Digger

No comments:

Post a Comment