Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daydreaming

My traveling companion "Starr" after a dip in Lena Lake (Hamma Hamma Recreation Area).


I have spent the past few days studying maps of the western United States in an effort to come up with a travel route that will allow me to visit everyone I would like to visit on this upcoming road trip. The primary issue being the number of days I will be able to travel before I absolutely have to be back in the home driveway.
There is something about gazing at a road map that turns my imagination loose. It reminds me a lot of sitting in a classroom on a sunny day gazing out the window instead of reading the lesson at hand. I can daydream myself through an entire camping trip in twenty minutes or less... it is great.
The absolute best thing is having access to any of the internet mapping programs like Yahoo maps or Google Maps... I can stretch that twenty minute daydream into an entire evening, and I can print copies of all the possibilities.
I am writing this post in Open Office Writer instead of Microsoft Word (which I usually use) because I have acquired a net book computer to take on the road with me, and it has Open Office installed. I don't have any complaints so far, and the price for this application was exactly what I wanted to pay ($0.00). It has a little different look than Word but seems to function the same.
I am going to do a little research on cameras this morning... not that I need or can afford a new one, but it is one more thing that I can daydream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment