Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Day Tomorrow

My Little Guy 6-Wide Teardrop Trailer is somewhere on the road between Sugar Creek, Ohio and Port Orchard, Washington. I am hoping to see it on Monday, but figure I can expect it by Wednesday unless the truck it is hitching a ride on has other stops before mine.

My original plan was to be on the road by last Thursday, but everyone knows that plans are made to be changed. I have a tentative route written out in pencil because every day of delay means that also has to be modified. The upside of getting the trailer in April is that I will be able to take advantage of the long camping season ahead.

The other upside is that I still have a motorcycle trip in the works for later this year, and anyone I miss seeing on my inaugural teardrop trip can be worked into the later trip. There are numerous old friends that I am really anxious to see again, and I am certain that I have friends in every little community I am going to happen through… I just haven’t met them all yet.

The weather around here is still uncertain about whether it wants to project early spring or late spring. We are getting a real mixture rain, wind, sunshine, and even a little snow here and there. I don’t know what I will run into after I leave home, but I will have warm clothing, dry bedding, and snacks if I get hung up somewhere.

Have a Family Easter tomorrow…

Digger

1 comment:

  1. Reading this now Richard makes me realize how short life is...I don't know what prevented me commenting back in 2010 when you wrote this...I recall reading it and probably meant to comment later...now it's later and way late. Still miss you.

    ReplyDelete